D Contemporary is pleased to invite submissions for our popular annual summer exhibition. Whilst the art world tentatively opens its doors again, we aim to look beyond and explore a proposed future that has been generated over the past year. Looking to investigate how attitudes have changed, this year’s theme threshold presents an opportunity for artists to demonstrate a renewed discourse on the issues affecting today’s society.
We want to shine a spotlight on new ways of thinking surrounding the intersections of art and everyday life. How has our concept of time altered or have new forms of social exchange come into play? We have been provided with time and space for entirely new experiences, be them good or bad, and have had to adapt our lives accordingly. With the veil of digital cast over recent times, how has creativity challenged or embraced these changes? We want this year’s submissions to be a fresh take on art’s crucial role in reflecting and commentating on contemporary life.
We are interested in art works of any form/media and the judging panel will curate the exhibition best suited to our unique space in the heart of Mayfair. We invite artists to submit up to 5 images of their work for consideration. The judging panel will review all submissions once entry has closed and select works for the exhibition. If selected there will be a fee of £150 per artist to participate, this goes towards the costs of the exhibition and provides you with all the benefits listed below. The exhibition will run from 5th July – 22nd August at our gallery in 23 Grafton Street, Mayfair.
Benefits we offer:
-Extended length exhibition in our London gallery
– Opening night Private View drinks reception
– Exposure to Mayfair’s audience and gallery street in the heart of London’s fine art district
– Artist name and social media links on all promotional materials (digital and print)
– Printed invitations and/or exhibition leaflets and price lists
– Professionally designed digital catalogue
– Photography and videography coverage of the exhibition and Private View, artists’ promo videos in the exhibition space
– Promotion of the artist/exhibition on D Contemporary’s website and social media accounts
– Full curatorial and installation support
– Handling of sales, including invoicing and shipping arrangements – with a 35% handling commission on sales
Making a Submission:
D Contemporary is seeking applications from artists of all media. We do not charge for submissions. We advise that you look at the gallery space on our website to familiarise yourself with the space before submitting. The selected artists will be contacted the w/c 7 June 2021.
We are taking submissions through CuratorSpace however, if you would prefer to email your submission, please follow the instructions below:
Please include the following in your application-
– Up to 5 images of works with details of medium, dimensions and price.
– Artist statement, bio or CV.
– Any relevant website or social media links.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com and submitted by 8pm on Sunday 6th June 2021. Please include ‘OPEN CALL’ in the subject line.
D Contemporary, 23 Grafton St, London, W1S 4EY www.dcontemporary.com 020 7824 1920
For more information or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org