D Contemporary is pleased to invite submissions for our popular annual summer exhibition. Celebrating another open call, we aim to look ahead and explore the ways in which our pasts have transitioned and unfolded into our present realities. Looking to investigate the notion of movement through time, space, and stories; this year’s theme Progression presents an opportunity for artists to demonstrate their vision of progress.
We want to shine a spotlight on new ways of thinking and feeling in terms of exploring a spatial, physical and emotional timeline. How has our concept of time altered our notion of development, or is the movement and progression we’re experiencing, completely personal? The ways in which stories unfold and develop, and our personal journeys intertwine with others’, are yours to explore. With our current focus on the financial, social and personal, how do we make the effort to differentiate each stream of progression? We want this year’s submissions to be a fresh take on art’s crucial role in reflecting and commentating on the movement through contemporary life.
We are interested in art works of any form/media and the judging panel will curate the exhibition best suited to our unique space in the heart of Mayfair. We invite artists to submit up to 5 images of their work for consideration. The judging panel will review all submissions once entry has closed and select works for the exhibition. If selected there will be a fee of £150 per artist to participate, this goes towards the costs of the exhibition and provides you with all the benefits listed below. The exhibition will run from July 19th to August 5th at our gallery in 23 Grafton Street, Mayfair.
Benefits we offer:
– Opening night Private View drinks reception
– Exposure to Mayfair’s audience and gallery street in the heart of London’s fine art district
– Artist name and social media links on all promotional materials (digital and print)
– Printed invitations and/or exhibition leaflets and price lists
– Professionally designed digital catalogue
– Photography and videography coverage of the exhibition and Private View, artists’ promo videos in the exhibition space
– Promotion of the artist/exhibition on D Contemporary’s website and social media accounts
– Full curatorial and installation support
– Handling of sales, including invoicing and shipping arrangements – with a 20% handling commission on sales
About D Contemporary:
The Gallery was set up in 2015 and has since held over 50 exhibitions in what is exceptional space in Mayfair. It focuses on two areas. The first is UK contemporary art, showing both established artists and seeking to actively support emerging British-based talent and the art schools with the opportunity to exhibit at an exceptionally low cost in the heart of London’s W1 gallery district. The second is to attract contemporary art from emerging and high growth markets around the Globe with traditionally less exposure in London but outstanding art. Examples over the years have been Estonia, Kazakhstan, Portugal, South Africa, Belarus, Kurdistan, and Uzbekistan.
Making a Submission:
D Contemporary is seeking applications from artists of all media. We do not charge for submissions. We advise that you look at the gallery space on our website to familiarise yourself with the space before submitting. The selected artists will be contacted the w/c 11 June 2022.
We are taking submissions through CuratorSpace however, if you would prefer to email your submission, please follow the instructions below:
Please include the following in your application-
– Up to 5 images of works with details of medium, dimensions and price.
– Artist statement, bio or CV.
– Any relevant website or social media links.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com and submitted by 8pm on 5th June 2022. Please include ‘OPEN CALL’ in the subject line.
D Contemporary, 23 Grafton St, London, W1S 4EY www.dcontemporary.com 020 7824 1920
For more information or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org