D Contemporary is pleased to invite submissions for its inaugural Painting Prize set to open in December. Launching for the first time this year to complement the Gallery’s well-established annual Summer Exhibition, the prize aims to find and support the best emerging talent within painting.
Three prizes will be awarded during the exhibition:
1st – A three-day exhibition during 2020 (dates to be discussed with the D Contemporary team)
2nd – Free inclusion in our annual Summer Exhibition for 2020
3rd- A £100 voucher for art supplies
We are interested in receiving submissions from painters based both in the UK and abroad. The judging panel will curate the exhibition best suited to our unique position in the heart of Mayfair. We invite artists to submit up to 5 images of their work for consideration. The judging panel will review all submissions once entry has closed and select works for the exhibition. Depending on size and scale of the work, the panel may select from 1 to 5 of the pieces you submit.
If selected there will be a fee of £200 per artist to participate, this goes towards the costs of the exhibition and provides you with all the benefits listed below. The exhibition will run during 10 December 2019 – end of January 2020 at our gallery in 23 Grafton Street, Mayfair.
The selected submissions will receive:
– Opening night (“Private View”) event (drinks reception, wine/beer/soft drinks, canapés) with waiting staff, prepared by our in-house chef
– Exposure to Mayfair’s audience and gallery street in the heart of London’s fine art district
– Artist name on the front window of 23 Grafton St. and on all promotional materials (digital and print)
– Invitations and exhibition leaflets and price lists – Professionally designed digital catalogue
– Photography and videography coverage of the Private View and artists’ promo videos in the exhibition space
– Promotion of the artist/ exhibition on D Contemporary’s website and social media accounts
– Curatorial support and assistance with exhibition planning and associated administration
– Handling of sales, including invoicing and shipping arrangements – with a 35% handling commisson on sales
– Management of set up and take down (the artists/ handlers need to be present on both days)
Making a Submission:
D Contemporary is seeking applications from painters. We do not charge for submissions. We advise that you take a look at the gallery space on our website to familiarise yourself with the space before submitting. The selected artists will be contacted on Friday 1 November 2019.
Please include the following in your application:
– Up to 5 images of works with details of medium, dimensions and price.
– Artist statement, bio or CV.
– Any relevant website or social media links.
Submissions should be completed by the end of the day on Monday 28th October 2019. Please send you submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule and Deadlines:
Submission deadline: Monday 28 October 2019
Selection announcement: Friday 1 November 2019
Delivery date: Friday 6 December 2019
Private view: Tuesday 10 December 2019
Collection date: End of January 2020 – exact date TBC